Write or call the GTU Admissions Office to request an application or apply on-line at www.gtu.edu
. Application deadlines are September 30 for admission to the spring semester and February 15 for admission to the fall semester.
Admissions Office - Graduate Theological Union
2400 Ridge Road
Berkeley, CA 94709
Telephone: 510 649 2460 or 800 826 4488
No student shall be denied admission to the GTU on the basis of race, gender, religious affiliation, national origin, age, sexual orientation, or disability. The application requires:
- A Bachelor's Degree from an accredited institution.
- A completed application form and an academic statement of purpose.
- A non-refundable application fee of $40. This fee should be sent by check payable on a US bank, or by means of an international postal money order. This check should be made payable to the GTU.
- Three academic letters of recommendation.
- Two official transcripts from each undergraduate or graduate school attended. Applicants are expected to have a minimum 3.0/4.0 at the bachelor's level.
- Official Graduate Record Examination (GRE) scores from within the last five years. Applicants should have a verbal score of at least 550. The GTU institution code is 4336.
Non-native speakers of English who have not completed a degree in the US, Canada, England, Scotland, Ireland, Wales, Australia or New Zealand may substitute the TOEFL examination for the Graduate Record Examination. Applicants to the M.A. program are expected to have a TOEFL score of at least 550 (written) or 213 (computer) from an exam taken within the last two years.
Application deadlines are firm. Incomplete applications will have to wait six months for the next admissions cycle. All components of the application become the property of the GTU and will not be returned to the applicant.
Applicants should identify the Patriarch Athenagoras Orthodox Institute (PAOI) as their "school of affiliation" on the application.
Information may be obtained from:
Tuition and Fees for 2004 - 2005*
Patriarch Athenagoras Orthodox Institute
2311 Hearst Avenue.
Berkeley, CA 94709
Telephone: 510 649 3450
Fax: 510 841 6605
Unless specified, all amounts are payable to the Patriarch Athenagoras Orthodox Institute.
Application Fee, payable to GTU: $40.00
Registration Fee: $50.00 per semester
Tuition - full time (12 units): $6100.00 per semester
Tuition - part time (9 units or less): $534.00 per unit or ($1600.00 per 3-unit course)
Tuition Special Student: $534.00 per unit
Continuing Student: one-half full time tuition
Auditor: $300.00 per course
Late Registration Fee: $100.00
Graduation Fee, payable to GTU: $100.00
* subject to change